The DC3 Hangar – From 2016
In 2016 we moved from operating from the NZ Warbird HQ to our new premises in a WW2 hangar at Ardmore…with brand new offices, Cabin crew catering and equipment room, Pilots workroom, and the Dakota Room – for training, meetings and a Departure Lounge. Owned by 3 of our DC3 crew, they continue to develop and update educational information and functional facilities.
Dakota RoomThere is a meeting room/boardroom in the Hangar that is used for:
- Crew meetings.
- The DC3 Departure/Arrival lounge
- Small group meetings and training courses for up to 8/10/12 people.
- The Dakota Room may also be used by arriving or departing private charter aircraft and helicopters. This is perfect for clients/ passengers who need that element of security, discretion and privacy away from the International airport. Our DC3 crew van or an unmarked SUV can transport passengers from the aircraft into the hangar. Catering can be arranged. Flight crew have access to the office for aviation updates, NOTAM’s and printing off weather etc. There is also an office, lounge and kitchen upstairs for flight crew to wait as required.
FunctionsOur core business is FLY DC3 New Zealand , however we can also provide seated catering in the hangar (November to May) for 28/30 (or 50) guests.
- Your family wants an elegant , and a ‘kiwi’ style flight and celebration after your private DC3 Scenic flight.… a 40th, 50th, or Grandma or Grandad’s retirement, or a 65th, 70th, 75th…80th…
- Your group of 28 would like a BBQ after their Private Scenic flight.
- Your business or group wants a function with a difference – a flight for 28 , then space for a guest speaker, an AGM, a meal, etc.
- We have a PA sound system, Projector screen, tables, Black and White table cloths , chairs, catering, serving , centrepieces and other equipment to make your event happen.
- Our two menus cater for Kiwi and Corporate…